Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's a. . .





BOY!!!!! We found out that you were going to be a boy on September 29! I could hardly stand the wait and we were both so excited for the appointment! I couldn't decide if I was more excited to find out your gender or just to see you again. It had been several months since I had gotten to see you. Your little head came up on the screen first and you actually looked like a baby (last time you really were just the size of a bean)! You weren't being very cooperative during the sonogram and I thought we would leave there and not know. The sonogram technician had me turn on my side to hopefully get you to move a certain way so we could get the "money shot." When I flipped over it took her less than a few minutes to tell us you were going to be a boy!! I instantly started to cry and even your dad got a bit teary eyed. We saw you get the hiccups and punch your arm in the air a few times. You already are an active little boy! Your heart is still so strong at 152 bpm and you are measuring just perfectly! The appointment couldn't have gone any better. The minute we left we started calling everyone to tell them the good news. It is so wonderful to refer to you by your name and to use words like he, him and his. Now it is on to getting your nursery ready and planning the baby shower! The next few months are going to be so exciting as we prepare for your arrival. Next Friday I will be 20 weeks along and half way through the pregnancy. I know these next few months will fly by and you will be growing like a weed. I can't wait to hold you in my arms and kiss your little feet! We love you!

3 comments:

  1. Does this mean you decided on a name or are we just talking pronouns here? Your description about finding out made me tear up too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news! Indeed the next several months will fly by. Grandson, glad you're right on target as far as your physical development goes, but you are in the highest range on the "I am loved" chart.....and imagine how much higher it will go once we get to hold you. And for being the best dressed baby in metro KC......I think you'll have a great chance for that too.

    Keep on growing and I love you.

    Grandpa Harmon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Reid...the feelings that a mom has are like no other...this baby will be loved like no one has been loved before...such a great family to be born into...so much to look forward to...so many firsts....the smile on your face momma Brooke tells me how happy you are and that will pass to Reid...happy times for one and all...love you so much, mom, always and grammy jane

    ReplyDelete