Thursday, August 12, 2010

12 Weeks!

Well we are almost over the hump of the first trimester! One more week. . . and I am really starting to feel a lot better. I am getting my appetite back which is great! I start school next week and I can't wait to tell all my kids and parents how excited I am to meet you in February! I am sure the kids will be excited all year as they watch me grow bigger and bigger. :) I bet they will make you a lot of pictures for us to hang in your nursery. Our next doctor's appointment will be September 1. We are hoping to find out if you are a boy or a girl at our October appointment! Here are a few things happening with your growth and development this week:

*your reflexes are beginning to develop. You can open and close your fingers, curl your toes, your eye muscles can clench, and you can make sucking movements with your mouth.

*your eyes have moved from the sides to the front of your head

*your ears are right where they should be

*you are about 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weigh about half an ounce

*your nerve cells are multiplying rapidly

We have started to think about ideas for your nursery! You are going to have such a cool and cozy room. Your dad is quite the master painter (he painted the entire basement in one weekend)and is itching to get your room painted. Blue or pink? That is the question! Until next time. . .

3 comments:

  1. So glad you're feeling better. YES...your kids at school will have so much fun with your pregnancy. The art work indeed will flow. WHAT FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just figured out how to post comments to bean's blog...he will love his grandma...he can help me with technology. I love how bean is developing and I am so proud of you and how you are beginning to have a little pooch...remember I gained only 26 pounds with you...you are gorgeous...love you, Grandma Janey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, I love it! Great that you figured it out. And I find it funny that you refer to bean as "he." :) Grandma Janey has quite the ring to it!!

    ReplyDelete