Friday, November 19, 2010

Your first party!


Me with some of my closest and dearest friends at your shower!

All the lovely ladies of the family!! They sure know how to throw a great party!

Your Aunt Hayley came in town to celebrate!

Me at 25 weeks heading to the shower!

Last weekend was my baby shower! Let's just say it was all I could ask for and MORE!! It was such a wonderful day spent with close friends and family. The food was amazing and the company was even better. We all had so much fun opening presents, chatting and catching up, and gushing over your arrival in the upcoming months. Your dad and I got so many nice things for you. You can now ride in style with your new stroller and car seat. We also got your Pack 'N Play which you will sleep in for the first few weeks! Adorable outfits, blankets, burp cloths, bibs, bouncy chairs, etc. We were so thankful to everyone who came and could celebrate with us! I can't wait to show you the board of pictures your Mimi Thompson put together of your dad and me. Looking at the pictures sure did make me wonder about all the adorable features you will get from each of us. I know you will be growing so much in the next few months! We will look forward to seeing you at our 3-D ultrasound coming up in a month or so!! Let the nesting begin as we start to get your room ready. I can't wait to fill all the adorable clothes and socks with YOU!!! Love you!

4 comments:

  1. Brooke, you are an amazing writer...how can we put this all into a book for baby Reid...he can bring it to share in his classroom...that was such a fun time for you and him and our family at the shower...he is learning to breathe and his manly parts are starting to form...hahah...and it is official...Nanny Grammy Jane...brings tears to my eyes..love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun shower!!!! hugs to reid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite entry yet. I have been painting all night and can't wait until the room is all setup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds as though it was a wonderful occasion. Can't wait to see all the things you received. I know your mom and dad are working hard on getting your room all ready. They want it just right to welcome you home. Still haven't heard what my official name will be....do you have any ideas, Reid? :)
    Love you,
    Grandpa Ron, Gramps, Grandpa Harmon, Pops....etc

    ReplyDelete