Sunday, July 25, 2010

Blah, bleck, blah, ugh.

Sooo I have really been feeling all the signs and symptoms of what the lovely first trimester of pregnancy can bring. When doctors and books refer to the symptom of "morning" sickness being only in the morning, that is just ridiculous. For some maybe, but for me I have had "all day" sickness. Not so much physically getting sick (which I have a few times) but feeling like I could all day! Fun, huh? My appetite has gone out the window and if I ever have to see or taste another saltine cracker, it may be the death of me. :) Your dad has been wonderful through this whole thing. I usually can cook us some lovely meals at night and plan ahead as to what we will be having the whole week. Not now. My appetite is day to day and nothing sounds good. Here are a few things that I have found tasty while pregnant with you:


*mashed potatoes


*pizza


*peanut butter and jelly sandwiches


*Pringles


*Spaghetti O's (gourmet meal at its best)


*pasta


*chinese food (your aunt got me hooked on Pei Wei)


Are you seeing a pattern here? CARBS!!! That is all that has sounded good to me. I typically eat way healthier than this but fruit, veggies, etc. have not sounded good at all. Of course there are some things I can't eat while pregnant with you. And of course I have been craving some of these things. I can't have:


*sushi


*most fish


*lunch meat (I crave Jimmy John's ALL the time)


*caffeine (never been much of a caffeine drinker, but now I want it)


I am hoping once school starts back up the joys of the first trimester will be behind me and I will be back to eating a regular meal not loaded down with carbs. I have also been extremely tired. The kind of tired where you can fall asleep standing up. All for the best though because I know you are developing and growing each day!

2 comments:

  1. B~ You should try Jimmy John's veggie sub. It's my favorite! It just might satisfy your cravings. However I must admit, the list of stuff you can't eat is a little devastating! That's cutting out some good stuff, but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try that in a few weeks when hopefully veggies sound better to me. :) Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete