Saturday, July 31, 2010

10 Weeks

So you are 10 weeks now! This past week was quite tiring for me. I coached volleyball in the morning and taught a summer school course in the afternoon. Needless to say I was worthless in the evenings. I guess I need to get used to it as school is starting in a few short weeks. I can hardly wait for Wednesday, August 4! This is your next doctor's appointment and we get to hear your little heartbeat again! I feel like I am starting to show a bit and have a little pooch. I call it the "phantom pooch" because it is not as visible in the mornings, but by afternoon and evening I look like I have eaten a big meal! I am so ready to have that little baby bump! Here are some things happening with you this week in your growth and development:

*you are barely the size of a kumquat

*you are little over an inch long and weigh less than a quarter of an ounce

*your swallowing fluids and kicking up a storm (Not sure if I have felt those yet)

*some of your most vital organs are in place and starting to function

*your tiny nails are forming on your fingers and toes

*you are beginning to grow peach-fuzz hair on your skin

*your limbs can bend now

*the outline of your spine is clearly visible

I still find it hard to believe that all of this is going on inside me. You truly are a miracle and we can't wait to see you at our next sonogram!

P.S. I introduced you to some of the best cheese pizza this past week from G and D's in Columbia when we went to visit your gma and gpa Thompson. YUM!!

(www.babycenter.com has more information and pictures of development at 10 weeks)

1 comment:

  1. So much fun reading about the progress of things and nice to hear you found some food that tasted good to you. I know you're tired, but the end result will be well worth it for you and Matt.

    ReplyDelete