Sunday, July 25, 2010

Breaking the News

Your grandmas reading their poems and checking out the onesies!
Your grandpa finding out the news!

This was one of the biggest secrets we have ever had to keep. I am not a good secret keeper (I will have you talk to my friends Courtney and Kacy when you get older and they can confirm this). We gradually started telling a few people at a time because we couldn't stand it! It took everything I had not to shout, "We are having a baby!" to anyone and everyone who would listen. We really thought about how we were going to tell your grandparents and immediate family members. The creative teacher side of me came out. Since we were 99.9% sure you were conceived in Florida while on our family vacation, I decided to get some onesies to break the news. We bought each of your grandparents onesies that read, "What happens in Florida. . . doesn't always stay in Florida." (I will have your dad explain what this means to you at a much later time). I also found a really cute poem online to share the news of you. Here is the poem below:


I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
I don’t yet have a name.
You can’t hold my tiny hands,
Nor whisper in my ear.
It’s still too soon to sing a song,
Or cuddle me so near.
But all will change come February 25th,
That’s when they say I’m due.
I’m your new grandson or granddaughter,
I can’t wait till I meet you.
All I ask between now and then,
Is your patience while I grow.
I promise I’ll be worth the wait,
Because of all the love we’ll know.
So what I have to give you now,
Is a wish to you from me.
I cannot wait to be part
Of this wonderful family!


Needless to say there were lots of tears of joy when everyone heard the news about you!










1 comment:

  1. The printed onesie was such a clever way to announce Bean's presence.....and couple that with some great bbq for the occasion.....how Kansas City can you get?!?!?! HA!

    ReplyDelete